Welcome to The North Carolina Association of County Directors of Social Services (NCACDSS)
The North Carolina Association of County Directors of Social Services (NCACDSS) is a non-profit association representing the social service directors across North Carolina’s counties. The association’s mission is to inform, educate, and empower its members in order to strengthen agencies, programs and the delivery of social services to families and individuals.
To accomplish this mission, NCACDSS:
- Promotes sound and progressive social planning and effective methods
- Educates state and federal policy-makers and the public regarding the impact of social services policies on individuals, communities, and county social services operations
- Collaborates with policy makers, government agencies, community-based and grassroots organizations to improve and strengthen the capacity and delivery of effective services
- Facilitates communication between and among county social service agencies, and state and federal administrative agencies, including the exchange of knowledge and best and promising practices.
News & Announcements
2016 SOCIAL SERVICES INSTITUTE (SSI)
Oct 19-21, 2016
Registration is NOW OPEN!
Click HERE for More Information | Click HERE to Register
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: OCTOBER 3, 2016
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: DAVE PELZER
Dave has received personal commendations from four U. S. Presidents, honored as one of the Ten Outstanding Young Americans, and later, was the ONLY American to be honored as The Outstanding Young Person of the World. Dave is also the recipient of the National Jefferson Award which is considered the Pulitzer Prize for public service. Other recipients include Sandra Day O’Connor and Colin Powell.
Dave is an accomplished author of eight inspirational books and has been on the Best Sellers lists for well over 13 years combined. His latest book is Too Close to Me. His popular book A Child Called “It” has been on the New York Times bestsellers list for well over 6 years. Dave is the first author to have four #1 International Best Sellers and to have four books simultaneously on the New York Times Best Sellers List.
You don’t want to miss Dave! Register Today!
COUNTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- WAKE COUNTY Human Services Deputy Director-Social Services—open until filled
- PENDER COUNTY DSS DIRECTOR VACANCY-open until filled
- ROBESON COUNTY DSS DIRECTOR JOB ANNOUNCEMENT– closes Oct. 14, 2016
- LENOIR COUNTY DSS DIRECTOR JOB ANNOUNCEMENT-open until filled