Welcome to The North Carolina Association of County Directors of Social Services (NCACDSS)
The North Carolina Association of County Directors of Social Services (NCACDSS) is a non-profit association representing the social service directors across North Carolina’s counties. The association’s mission is to inform, educate, and empower its members in order to strengthen agencies, programs and the delivery of social services to families and individuals.
To accomplish this mission, NCACDSS:
- Promotes sound and progressive social planning and effective methods
- Educates state and federal policy-makers and the public regarding the impact of social services policies on individuals, communities, and county social services operations
- Collaborates with policy makers, government agencies, community-based and grassroots organizations to improve and strengthen the capacity and delivery of effective services
- Facilitates communication between and among county social service agencies, and state and federal administrative agencies, including the exchange of knowledge and best and promising practices.
News & Announcements
2016 SOCIAL SERVICES INSTITUTE (SSI) CANCELLED
The vision and mission of our social service agencies are to help others in some capacity: improving quality of lives, ensuring safety, providing for unmet needs. True to our values and spirit of caring for and helping others, NCACDSS, jointly with NC DHHS/Division of Social Services and NCACBSS, have decided to cancel the 2016 Social Services Institute scheduled for next week in Hickory. Hurricane Matthew and the flooding in eastern NC have impacted many of our neighboring counties. Thus, efforts will be unified to assist our neighbors in their disaster planning and interventions next week and in the weeks to follow.
NCACDSS will handle the reimbursement to pre-paid registrants and vendors. We ask that you be patient with us during the reimbursement process. Should you have any questions, please email Sharnese Ransome at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your support of the SSI is greatly appreciated and we will see you next year.
DSS OFFICE CLOSURE DUE TO HURRICANE MATTHEW and SHELTER OPENING
October 7, 2016
- Hyde County will closed today and reopen Monday, Oct 10th normal hours
- Columbus County will close at 12 noon today and open 4 shelters
- Bertie County will close at 1:00pm today, one shelter opening at 5pm today.
- Cumberland County will open 3 shelters at 6pm today.
- Nash County closed at 4:30pm today
- Hertford County –shelter opening @3pm Sat (10/8)
- Craven County–shelter opening @10am Sat (10/8)
- Bladen County — shelter opening @ 8am Sat (10/8)
- Cumberland County will open 3 shelters @6pm today
- New Hanover closed at 3pm today and 2 shelters are open
October 10, 2016–DSS OFFICE CLOSURES OR DELAYS
-Gates opening @ 9;30am
-Currituck opening at 10am
–Moore is without power and has moved to the county Ag building until further notice. This will impact our phones, computer access and ultimately the services we can provide.
-Nash opening @ 11am
October 11 – 14, 2016
-Cumberland 11 th &12th
-Hertford (11th); reopen tomorrow 12th
–Edgecombe -closed entire week (Oct 10-14)
-Pitt open 8am-2pm today (11th)
-Pitt open 8-12 on Oct 11th at the 1717 W 5th Street Office and will have all services available (12th)
–Robeson will be closed the week of Oct 10-14
-Greene (11th); (12th) (13th-office continues to be closed due to high waters and open shelter, good new power was restored)
–Lenoir closed today Oct 11th and will resume operations Oct 12th @8:00am to 4pm-closing due to flooding; Oct 13th DSS will be closed until Monday, Oct 17th due flooding
-Jones, closed 11 & 12; will try to open the office on Thursday (Oct 13th) on a limited basis for current FNS recipients with limited staff; they are operating a shelter with their staff; shelter closing today Oct 14th.
-Tyrrell County DSS has been relocated to 1208 US HWY 64 Columbia, NC due to a tree through the roof and 18 inches of water in the office. Currently they have one cell phone for on-call. The cell phone company has no idea when services will be restored. Oct 12th
-Columbus -closed entire week (Oct 10-14)
COUNTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- WAKE COUNTY Human Services Deputy Director-Social Services—open until filled
- PENDER COUNTY DSS DIRECTOR VACANCY-open until filled
- ROBESON COUNTY DSS DIRECTOR JOB ANNOUNCEMENT– closes Oct. 14, 2016